Hypnotherapy is the therapy part of the hypnotic session when the Hypnotherapist using Positive Affirmations or Post Hypnotic Suggestions aims to bring to the client under Hypnosis permanent positive changes in his or her life. These so-called desired outcomes can be quitting smoking, being more assertive, less stressed, more positive about life, Immune System boost, enhanced healing, etcetera, etcetera.
This is the explanation of Hypnotherapy, the therapeutic work done by the Hypnotherapist or yourself in order to bring positive and permanent changes in your life. Hypnosis is the process by which the client is put in a trance state, Hypnotherapy is what follows, so to speak. Let’s see how to do it.
Positive Affirmations versus Post Hypnotic Suggestions in Hypnotherapy.
The difference between Positive Affirmations and Post Hypnotic Suggestions is mainly that while the latter are usually longer and aim at giving suggestions to your Subconscious Mind in a kind of oblique way Positive Affirmations are shorter, usually one or two sentences, more direct and are consciously repeated throughout the day.
I think that using Positive Affirmations as suggestions is the best way to go; especially because they need your Conscious Mind to focus on them during daily repetition reinforcing their effectiveness. As I’ve previously explained if both the Conscious and the Subconscious Mind work together toward a common goal no one can prevent you from reaching it. All problems arise when one part of our mind disagrees with the other.
N.B. this explanation of Hypnotherapy uses the technique explained in my article about How to write your own Suggestions.
Hypnotherapy How To
- Before beginning your Self Hypnosis session state your crystal clear goal you want to reach with Hypnosis and write down three Positive Affirmations on it.
- Choose the Positive Affirmation you like the most, or which resonates better with you and read it out loud five or more times until you’ve memorized it. Keeping it short makes things easier.
- Do your Self Hypnosis Induction and after the deepening part say to yourself: “Dear Subconscious, I know you know everything about me, my mind and my body. And I know that given that you know everything about me you know also what needs to be fixed or changed to live a better life. We both know that “doing this” (put here your desired outcome like quitting smoking, being more assertive, being more confident… In this example I’ll use being more confident.) our life would improve and we would feel better. And be better. Together we can accomplish everything we want to improve our life.
- So, I want to be more confident and feel good when dealing with others. (Repeat three times)
- I know I can be more confident and feel good when dealing with others. (Repeat three times)
- From now on I can be and I will be more confident and I’ll feel (always) good when dealing with others. (Three times again)
- Imagine yourself being more confident and remaining pretty cool while dealing with others. Imagine yourself with your family or friends, at work or imagine meeting strangers and dealing with them calmly and confidently.
- When ready come out of trance.
Three times a day repeat ten times your Positive Affirmations in this way: I can …. and I will….
Do your Self Hypnosis Session every day and usually in around 21 days your goal will be accomplished. If you follow these instructions you could even feel changes from the first day. That’s the power of Hypnosis. That’s your mind power. Use it well.
And now that you know better what Hypnotherapy is would you share this article with your friends, leave a comment or stumble it? Thanks!